So tonight I was faced with pretty empty cupboards since coming back from vacation, but knew I had to eat…I did a variation on a pasta dish I love. It went something like this:
- In a large saucepan, saute up: diced red onion, sun dried tomatoes, black olives and throw in the protein of your choice (tonight mine happened to be a Sun dried tomato Tofurkey sausage diced up)
- Add in some herbs you like (mine was an Italian mix- basil, organo etc), S &P
- Toss in a can of diced tomatoes (I had no fresh on hand, see what I mean about this being a quick, bare-bones, dinner?)
- Let it all simmer and cook up your pasta
- Serve the sauce hot over the pasta, top with cheese if you have it (I go for feta in this dish usually, but had none)
* also great to throw in spinach if you have some you need to use up. I love this cause it’s light and it’s not a thick, heavy sauce all over my pasta….super garlicy and YUMMY!